Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting.....as patiently as possible!

It's the waiting game. I am not due until December 11th, but I am still holding out hope that this little one will come a few days early, like Ben.

Caleb has been great....hanging out with Ben and helping out with dinner prep and cleaning and such. Yesterday, I pretty much had all afternoon to myself. I sat at the computer, finished up lots of paperwork odds and ends, planned my shopping list for today and other random things that I just wanted to do before little Mel arrived.

Last night, I cleaned our entire flat....complete with mopping floors at 1am. Then, I woke up this morning and went for a 30 minute walk....up and down the hills around Tree Tops Lodge.

Still.Nothing.

I have started googling every new feeling I have: "_______________ a sign of labor?" You can fill in any ridiculous thing in the blank. "Sneezing a sign of labor?" or "Stubbing your toe a sign of labor?" or "Laughing a sign of labor?" You get the point. Now is the time you can start to feel sorry for Caleb. :) I'm an obsessive person.....so now that the time is so close, I am obsessing over the whole "knowing exactly when I begin labor".

I can definitely tell that my body is gearing up, though. I knew I shouldn't have posted anything about the false labor the other night because that has not returned. :)

So, for now, I will focus my energy on my mother-in-law's arrival. She will be here in about 4 hours. We are SO excited!!!

I hope to still post often, but the reality is that with her here, we might be a bit busier than usual!! So, I will try.....I know that if I don't post or update Facebook, I will get all sorts of "Have you had that baby girl yet?" e-mails.....which are NOT helpful at this stage of the pregnancy....so at the very least, I will try and post something on Facebook daily so you know that I am still at "home".....waiting. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you've read Teddy's birth story on my blog...I can definitely tell you that stubbing your toe is a sign of imminent labor. ;)

Adrienne said...

Beth, I just went back and re-read it! I love when people post their birth stories! That is so funny about your toe. :) Was it actually broken??

Anonymous said...

I am always paranoid that I'll be going into labor & not know that labor is starting! ha! How ridiculous! BUT my labors go so fast I've always been afraid we'd not have the midwife arrive in time! Our second was the fastest! Thankfully he was a planned homebirth, or he would have been an UNPLANNED homebirth or a "born in the car on the way to the hospital" baby! From start to finish... his labor & delivery was 1 hour 15 minutes... crazy! Thankfully, the 3 that followed him were a little slower! And you are right... the waiting game can drive you crazy! Great that your MIL is arriving to distract you! Keep up the good work of doing all the crazy things that have all worked for someone! My MIL swears by the caster oil... but I never got THAT desperate! Ick!
Blessings,
Melinda Whited =0)

Unknown said...

Don't know if was broken or not, never got it checked out because even if it was broken, they don't do anything for pinky toes. But it was definitely damaged in a serious way. Ever since then, if I stub that toe (and I've stubbed it twice since then, always the same toe) I'm in pain for the next day or so. Definitly have some permanent damage there! But I have noticed some consistency with people in terms of the birth of their kids in relation to the due date. Your first was early so I think you've got a good chance of going early with the second. Both of mine were early too.