Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas with Grammy!

We celebrated Christmas with Grammy on the Sunday night before she left the next Tuesday morning. I am ALWAYS a fan of celebrating Christmas early, if at all possible. Ben thoroughly enjoyed celebrating early as well because it meant presents for him!

So, the presents were situated around our pathetic looking Christmas tree.

Before we got to the presents, Caleb read the story of Jesus' birth to us (he read it from a Child's Bible, though....so that we could keep Ben's attention).


Ben had the honors of handing them all out.....and wore his Santa hat at times. We played Christmas carols and listened to Christmas music. It was SO good to have real, flesh-and-blood family here for the holiday (even if we did celebrate it a little early).

Hope you enjoy the pics:


Get ready for a cheesy line: The best Christmas present I could ever get- two children born in December! Love these kiddos!

You cannot buy or even find nice smelly lotion in PNG. I was really excited to get a Bath and Body Works scent to bring back to PNG. This bottle should get me through our time there:


Smells so niiiiiiiice:


We were in desperate need of baby socks....I almost bought some the day before we celebrated Christmas. Good thing I didn't:


Family picture....not the best, but it works. :)


Caleb got a few much needed t-shirts. His clothes have gotten REALLY worn out in PNG. Even the shirt he is wearing in this picture is a present we received when we got to Australia. Thanks, Lauren, for the really cool shirts!


Ben had to hand out a couple of presents first before Grammy let him open one himself. Look how focused he is on the task at hand:


Cars PJ's! As Ben said, "This is JUST what I always wanted." They looked too big for him now, but wouldn't you know, he wears them and they actually seem to fit. :)


Baby Mel got a super-cute "Baby's First Christmas" onesie!


Ben got two little nerf dart guns. These things are small and look innocent and weak, but they are really powerful. I am afraid someone is going to poke out an eye or something. I swear, if Caleb hit you with one of them, it might just leave a mark.

Ok, I said that all that would make me happy this Christmas was being with my two December babies. Maybe that isn't completely true (I mean, if I am being honest). I also really, really, really wanted Just Dance 3 and Just Dance Summer Party. I was really hopeful that I would get at least one. I didn't think I would get BOTH!


Wow....I guess that's all the pictures I have from our early Christmas celebration. Notice Mel all dressed up in her little Christmas PJ's. I am going to put her in them tonight, too. I will have to get a picture of her with the bib that says "Santa's Favorite".

No comments: