Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pictures of Little Miss "Thang"

Little Melanie (or Little Miss "Thang", as I have been calling her lately) is one week old! This has been one crazy week. I have to say that since she is our second child, transitioning to life with a newborn has been SO much easier than when we had Ben. I can't tell if she is an easier baby or if we are just better parents this go around. I think that we are just more confident this go-around and know what to do.....which makes her seem like THE perfect baby. :) Seriously, this girl is a keeper! But, compared to Ben as a baby, again, I think that she is pretty darn similar....it's just that we know more about what we are doing as parents this time.

I promise to post more about what this first week has been like. I am still recovering from my trip to Sydney for a day.....so I don't want to stay up too late tonight to post. I need to make up for lost sleep! To hold you over, here are some pictures for you to "oh" and "ah" over!

All snuggled up!


Look at those chubby cheeks! That is probably the only place this little girl has any chubs, though. She lost some weight, so she is still a little less than her birth weight which was 6lbs, 12ounces. She is still only wearing newborn sized clothes.


My mom would be so proud! I found this toy in the clubhouse and "borrowed" it for a time. On one side, all the pictures are in black, red and white. Oh....and there is a mirror.


I think she looks so funny in this picture. :) Love her!


A post would not be complete without a picture of big brother Ben. He has been SO good with her. Seriously, this kid is pretty darn amazing, too!


Little Miss "Thang" spends her evenings with dad! Around 10pm, I head off to bed and she hangs out with dad until he goes to bed (around 11:30 or 12pm). It is nice to have this 1-2 hour stretch of sleep before the night begins.