We have heard about the Botanical Gardens that are literally a 5 minute drive away. Since my due date came and went, I thought that today would be a good day to hike! A friend of mine told me about this walking trail that she did when she was expecting her daughter a couple of years ago. She said that the next day she went into labor. :) Of course, when I decided to do this hike, that story was that farthest thing from my mind. The story was NOT the reason that I wanted to hike. hahahahaha.......actually, it was the ONLY reason I wanted to hike around in this heat. If it worked for someone else, maybe, just maybe, it would work for me!
We were really excited to see these guys on the path:
We were really excited to see these guys on the path:
Ben was the leader for most of the hike. He really liked it and kept saying that we were going on an adventure.
The first half of the trail was completely uphill. I had heard about the monster steps, so when I saw "them", I took a picture. Little did I know that these were only the start of the monster steps. They continued to go up and up and up and up. I was pretty proud of myself. I felt good walking and the Braxton Hicks were in full force the whole time.
You could also see Cairns city and the beach, but we didn't get pictures of those for some reason. Oh, I know why! It was hot and the mosquitoes were BITING. We decided not to stop for too long.
It was a great start to the morning, but I was so tired afterward. I had a bout of insomnia last night, so I only had about 5 hours of sleep. After our hike, I took a much needed nap......
No comments:
Post a Comment