As you know by now, our friends Paul and Kelly are here in Cairns with their daughter Piper and son Will. Kelly is due 10 days after me, so we have known for a while that we would all be in Cairns together. To say that it is nice to have friends here with us during this time would be an understatement. We are so lucky to have them around. :)
Since it is likely that our little girls will both be born this week, they suggested that we make it to a beach beforehand. Beach + Newborn "could" = not much fun at all! So, they found a beach that is really close and we made a morning of it.
During this time of year, you really can't swim in the ocean because of the jelly fish. So, most of the beaches here have designated swimming areas. These areas are surrounded by underwater nets that keep the jellies OUT. I didn't really feel like taking pictures of us all enjoying the beach, (I was too busy swimming and playing myself). But, I did grab a couple of shots to show you what the view was like:
Since it is likely that our little girls will both be born this week, they suggested that we make it to a beach beforehand. Beach + Newborn "could" = not much fun at all! So, they found a beach that is really close and we made a morning of it.
During this time of year, you really can't swim in the ocean because of the jelly fish. So, most of the beaches here have designated swimming areas. These areas are surrounded by underwater nets that keep the jellies OUT. I didn't really feel like taking pictures of us all enjoying the beach, (I was too busy swimming and playing myself). But, I did grab a couple of shots to show you what the view was like:
I was one happy girl.....feet in the sand, contained swimming area where we couldn't "lose" Ben, lots of sun and good friends! What more could I ask for. Oh....I know....one little girl. I'm ready now!!!
1 comment:
Jealous! Not of being pregnant, of course. ;)
Post a Comment