Saturday, December 3, 2011

39 Weeks!


Yikes, I look at this picture and think, "I don't look like I'm big enough to have this baby this week." Don't get me wrong, I FEEL gi-normous. But, I'm a worrier.....and I am getting nervous that maybe my due date was predicted incorrectly and that choosing to induce if our little lady isn't here on Monday, December 12th is a baaaaaaad idea. Maybe I will go put on an outfit I don't like and take another picture. Thanks, Mom, for sending this maternity dress for me. I like it. :)

When I told Caleb I was nervous, he said, "Adrienne, you are having a little baby. She is going to be littler than Ben." One can only hope! :) He is always my voice of reason. He also said, "Do you know how many people are induced every day? You don't need to worry so much."

I have reached the point where it literally hurts to move in the morning and at night. Caleb said that he remembers me getting to this point sooner with Ben. But, I moan and ache and complain in the mornings and at night when I move. Moving is hard work.

Most of my hospital bag is packed. I have a list for everything else that we need to take to the hospital in case we need to rush around and pack things at the last minute. Here in Australia, it is pretty normal for a first-time mom to stay in the hospital for 4 days. We can't afford that....and being that this is our second child, we know that we won't want to be away from Ben that long. We are hoping to be discharged rather quickly after this little one is born. The hospital seems like they will accommodate this so long as all goes well with the birth and delivery.

Today we went to church. As I was sitting there, I was thinking, "I am going to be so sad if I am here next Sunday with this baby still inside me." But, it is very likely that that will be the case. But, I am hoping that she will come all on her own this week. I could use some serious prayers about this if you are so inclined to help us pray. :)

So, for now, it is just a waiting game. At least we have Caleb's mom's visit to look forward to on the 8th. It will be so good to have here here with us. :)

No comments: