We had a busy week. Not only was it Christmas, but the day after Christmas, we changed flats. We are now living with a couple who has a flat attached to their main house. It is free to live here which is nice. The place is a bit small, but we like to think of it as "cozy". It is hard to keep the place clean, though....so when I have it all cleaned up again, I will take pictures and post them here.
We have two laptops with us at the moment. One is our personal laptop and the other one is one that Caleb uses for work. Our personal computer has an unreliable screen. It has decided to not work, which is why it has taken me so long to post. Hopefully it will start up again since it is a bit of a pain to use this netbook to do posts....and means that I have to share the computer with Caleb. :)
Week 2 with a newborn has been a little more difficult. Melanie is a bit gassy at night. It is hard to know if I will get 3 hour stretches or only 2 hour stretches at night. But, it is really hard to complain since she is such a great baby. Plus, Caleb has been so helpful. I know that if the night is long, at least I can sleep during the day.
Ben has been transitioning....story of his life lately. While he is fabulous with Melanie....always holding her and being really gentle with her.....he has gotten more "baby". Suddenly, he can't dress himself or he needs help to do things that he would otherwise do on his own. But, this too shall pass. I know that every week is bound to be a little better, right?
I am happy that nursing is going much better this go around. With Ben, I think that I thought something was wrong if he wanted to nurse every hour or every two hours. With Melanie, I don't care much about schedules at all. If she gets a little fussy and nursing seems like it will help, well, then she gets to nurse. She usually eats about every two hours, but starts to want to eat every hour around 4pm. For the most part, she goes 3 hours in the middle of the night....but again, that might be changing as she is growing. Again, I am just much more relaxed about the whole nursing thing this go around.....and I can tell that it is helping.
Life is still better than I expected it would be with a newborn. There are days when we are just so tired, but for the most part, we are well rested and enjoying each other.
It is hard to not be able to swim here. We are also still waiting on Melanie's passport. With the holidays, it is taking longer than we had hoped. We are just praying that it arrives no later than next Tuesday. We really need to get all our paperwork into our organization's office by the 3rd so that they can send it by airplane to Port Moresby before Immigrations opens on January 10th. That is....if it does open that day. You never know when it will actually open.
Ok...I need to stop blogging right now. Melanie needs my attention. I wish I had a program that would type what I spoke. But, alas, I don't have that kind of program or money to buy that kind of program. I do have lots of pictures to post....but it is a bit harder to post them on this computer. But, stay tuned. Grandma's....I promise pictures ARE coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment