Am I "bragging"? Probably! We have the BEST support team made up of family and friends. A lot of people tell me that we only get packages like this because this our "first term" on the mission field. They seem to think that once you have been on the field for 4 years, returned to the States and then set back off to the field, all the packages dry up. Maybe you will call me naive, but I don't believe that would happen to us. Seriously, we have friends who demonstrate their love for us by showering us with packages!
I know that there are still packages in route from America to us here in Australia. But, here is just an example of generosity and sacrifice at its best.
In this picture below: Katie borrowed our baby carrier and decided to send it back to us. The Christmas presents are from Beach Grandpa and Beach Grammy. Beach Grammy was very smart to wrap them all ahead of time. If she hadn't, I would have been tempted to look at them all. But, Christmas will be so much better now that there are surprises in store.
I know that there are still packages in route from America to us here in Australia. But, here is just an example of generosity and sacrifice at its best.
In this picture below: Katie borrowed our baby carrier and decided to send it back to us. The Christmas presents are from Beach Grandpa and Beach Grammy. Beach Grammy was very smart to wrap them all ahead of time. If she hadn't, I would have been tempted to look at them all. But, Christmas will be so much better now that there are surprises in store.
In this picture, notice all the baby girl clothes at the top. To the right, these clothes are from a friend here staying at Tree Tops with her family. Her son is 6 weeks old today and so she said she doesn't need the little girl clothes that she brought along. She has 5 children now and was able to wait to be surprised with all of them. :) Sometimes I wish I had that resolve, maybe in another life. I am just so thankful for her generosity!
In this picture, you will see most of the items that my former co-workers from the Department of Revenue sent to us. This is the second package they have put together for us and they cannot be out-done. I love love love all the cuteness and baby-ness that this package oozes. They sent a baby teether, which reminded me I should grab some more of these before going back to PNG. They also sent bibs, onesies, a Jewel Lullaby CD and some of the cutest clothes (plus more). Also, isn't the little "Santa's Favorite" newborn outfit adorable??
In this picture, right in the middle, is a little newborn outfit from MeeMom. I actually bought a few things from Amazon.com and shipped them to her so that she could mail the items to us. She cannot mail a package without putting something in it for Ben and now for the baby. She is just a good grandmother.
To the right, you will see a white baby blanket from Beach Grammy. This is the softest blanket I have ever felt. I didn't realize that I would need a blanket here. I thought it would be easy to buy one at the store. But, I spent the first 2 weeks looking for receiving blankets, swaddles and soft blankets....only to be disappointed. The cost of baby blankets is crazy high here and I don't even like the selection/patterns they have to choose from. It's one thing to spend money on something you love. But, I just couldn't bring myself to spend so much money on blankets I didn't like. So, when we got to open this baby present ahead of time, I was so excited to see that it was just what I had been looking for. I am already envisioning our little girl being wrapped in it and also using it for tummy time. (I'm a tummy time psycho mom....it's just one of my quirks).
Also above, there are Lightening McQueen PJ's for Ben, another wrapped present for Ben from Uncle Ron, and cute cute cute little outfits....including a Baby's first Christmas outfit all from our family in New Jersey. Thanks!!!
Last, but NOT least, is my sunscreen!!! This sunscreen smells amazing (reminds me of sunscreen I wore on my honeymoon) and makes your skin shimmer. :) My best friend Dawn understands the importance of little things that make a big difference. I was so sad when this didn't arrive before we left PNG. But, it came just in time, and my friend's husband brought it down from PNG last Friday. YAY! I even put some on last night before bed just so I could smell like coconut. :) Today we are going to the pool....and I will put it on then, too. Dawn and her husband Josh (who sadly I have yet to meet) also sent Ben some crocs- a pair of Batman crocs and a pair of black crocs. It is so nice to have shoes for Ben. Dawn is our "flip flop" partner. Being that she lives in Florida, she asks us when we need new shoes and buys them and sends them to us. If you are a missionary in the South Pacific and you do not have a flip flop partner, I seriously do not know how you survive. :) It may sound silly, but we go through shoes VERY easily in PNG (especially Ben). We have been so blessed by Dawn and Josh and their gifts of shoes for us. Not to mention Dawn has great taste, so I can always count on her. :)
Lastly, I thought I would take a picture of the first outfit Caleb picked out for little Mel:
1 comment:
My grandmother got Evie that same "Baby's First Christmas" sleeper...hopefully we'll be able to squeeze her little fat self in it for the big day! ;)
Post a Comment