Saturday, December 10, 2011

Great Times with the MIL!

Caleb's mom is here and we are having a great time. Already, we have been to the lagoon and one of the beaches here in Cairns. Ben is just LOVING the attention. He thinks it is really cool that Grammy is sleeping in the same room with him. Plus, she gets up much earlier than Caleb and I, so he has had some one-on-one book reading time in the morning with her.

As happy as it is to have her here, it makes me sad that Ben doesn't get to see his grandparents more often. Again, he is just LOVING the attention and a new person to talk to and show things to. Little does he know that most kids get much more of this. It's a happy and sad time for me. Maybe I am just extra hormonal because of this pregnancy, though.

I have a pretty bad attitude after 7pm every night. I wake up in the morning and think, "Oh well...didn't go into labor that night." We have been keeping ourselves busy during the day, so I don't really dwell on the fact that my due date is tomorrow. But, around 7pm, I look back on the day and think about how I felt. Though I can definitely tell that I am getting closer to Melanie's birth, I still get depressed when I realize how the whole day has come and gone and I am still without a little girl in my arms. I remember this time with Ben. Caleb remembers how I get, too. But, it is still hard to wait. I try to remind myself how truly blessed I am.....how I have so much to be thankful for and so much to dwell on instead. But, to be honest, it is hard to wait. I wish it wasn't. I wish those other things held my attention long enough to matter.....but it is a struggle nonetheless.

I about lost it today at the Super IGA here (a grocery store). I only went to that store to buy toilet paper that was on sale. I also figured I could pick up a few necessities like milk and butter, too. Well, they were out of the toilet paper. Plus, the store is just dirty and I don't like how it is laid out. I couldn't find anything easily. I couldn't find the french fries that I was looking for and the only kind of milk they had was full cream. The aisles were all trashed and too narrow to fit my cart (and my belly at times). As I was fuming up and down the aisles, I was making comments about how I won't even bother looking at the sale ad again. i would never go to that store again, etc, etc. When I went to check out, I even entered the wrong PIN number (which costs money here when that happens) and said aloud to the poor, unsuspecting cashier, "I HATE this store!" My MIL was with me and probably beyond embarrassed. When I finally left the store and joined Caleb again in the car, I said, "It's time! I can just tell it is time. This world would be a much better place for EVERYONE if I would just go into labor and have this little girl outside instead of inside any longer." He smiled knowingly.....

So, here's to my due date in 4 hours and 10 minutes. I say that, but really, my due date was told to me like this: "Sometime between December 11th and 13th". So, in actuality, I might not even be technically due tomorrow. Nonetheless, I really want to have this little girl ASAP. :)

No comments: