Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yard Sale!

Our small group from our home church in Raleigh, NC is the best!  They all contributed items and threw a yard sale….with all the proceeds going towards our ministry here in PNG.  This is the second one that they have thrown for us, the first one being last October.  We were still in the States at that time, but we were not able to go TO OUR OWN YARD SALE….so our friends ran it for us.  Don’t we have great friends???

 

So much goes into throwing a successful yard sale.  They spent Friday night sorting and pricing everything…and they were up bright and early on Saturday morning to start the sale.  In total, they were able to raise over $250!!  What a blessing!  We are humbled by their willingness to go to the trouble of arranging this and carrying it out.

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your love, support and friendship.  We miss you all so much!

 

Hope you enjoy the pictures….notice the third one….this is what the guys were all doing while the ladies worked on Friday night (or so I am told)!

 

Oh…one more thing….we got a phone call from our friends on the day of the sale.  It just so happened to be after midnight our time when they called us!  We had a lot of fun talking with them and teasing them about how once again they are throwing US a yard sale and we are not having to go through all the hard work of actually putting it on!  Anyway, it was a fun conversation with many laughs!  Glad we could be there in spirit (and had to endure a little less sleep) along with you all!

3 comments:

Casey and Sarah said...

What a cool thing - you have an AWESOME support system who love you guys so much! Fun to see my friends too and Raleigh :) Love you guys!
Sarah

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that we could do this again!! I have already started another "Yard Sale" pile for next year! It is amazing what you keep finding the more you dig...and I just put everything away! You would think that our house would be empty of yard sale items for a while, but that is not the case :)

Greg said...

IT is amazing how much "stuff" we get. according to Jennifer I am sure I could stand to get rid of some more stuff. HEy I am a packrat. IT was a fun day on Saturday....even if we got there a little late. BIG THANKS TO THE SIMPSONS.