Friday, October 8, 2010

Mee-ee-Mom is sending a.....PACKAGE!

My mom has learned the best way to send a package.  Supposedly, the post office has a bunch of padded envelopes….I am not sure if they are flat rate or if you pay based on weight.  But, they seem to be the most reasonably priced way to send something all the way over here to PNG!  And, they tend to get here in about 3 weeks or less.  SCORE!   Because of that, my mom (Ben’s MeeMom) has become the queen of packages. If you look at the picture above, you will see these little figurines.  Well, she has bought tubes and tubes of these little animals…..and they come by mail every month or so.  We even bought a couple of cheap little boxes so that Ben can store them and sort them.  So far, he has a collection of zoo animals, farm animals, army men and dinosaurs.  He loves to set them up, sort them by color and pretend with them.  It really is cute.

 

I made the comment the other day that MeeMom was starting to become like Santa Clause in Ben’s mind.  I have overheard him telling his friends, “MeeMom is going to send me a rabbit.  I am going to go pick it up at the post office.”  And, whenever a package comes (and we have been getting so many lately), he always assumes it is from her….even if it isn’t!  Such is the reputation of MeeMom now.  That being the case, Ben and I now sing the following song:

 

“You better watch out

You better not cry

Better not pout

I’m telling you why

Mee-ee-Mom is sending a package!

 

She’s making a list

And checking it twice

Gonna find out

If you’ve been naughty or nice

Mee-ee-Mom is sending a package!

 

She sees you when you’re sleeping

She knows when you’re awake

She knows if you’ve been bad or good

So be good for goodness sake

 

Oh, you better watch out

Better not cry

Better not pout

I’m telling you why

Mee-ee-Mom is sending……A PACKAGE!”

 

(**Disclaimer**  Ben absolutely loves ALL his grandparents!  All of our parents (Ben’s grandparents) have been amazing during this time of transition and our big move overseas.  They have been supportive….and there are times where Ben goes to the computer just to call Beach Grammy or Grammy or MeeMom.  In fact, he regularly brings up their names for his bedtime prayers.  MeeMom has just figured out the secret to 1) sending affordable packages and 2) getting Ben addicted to these little figurines!) 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

My mom sends those packages too! She found out the cheapest way was the envelope things as well. We are a lot closer to the States than you are but it still can get crazy expensive and take forever to get here, so I can't imagine how you guys do it! My kids also have collections of those plastic tube animals and they love playing with them too! Your little guy is so cute...hope you are all doing well!