Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Isai!

After Chloe’s birthday, we headed to Isai’s birthday (pronounced “ee-sie-ee”).  Isai turned 2!  He is in Ben’s daycare class and his family lives really close to ours.  We usually see each other at the nearby playground!  What was fun about this party was that many of the people who attended knew and spoke Spanish during the party!  Isai’s parents are from Argentina….in fact, his mother Katy could not speak ANY English when they arrived in PNG!  She has come such a long way and can really speak it now….but it was so fun to have a party where the majority of the conversation was in Spanish!

 

Notice the picture of the cake!  Katy, Isai’s mom, made this cake herself!  She taught herself how to do it here in PNG since there are NO other options….can’t run to BJ’s or Costco here! Needless to say, I was impressed by the cake….it even had dulce de leche in the middle of the cake….YUM! I am SO happy that I am friends with such FUN Argentineans!! My friend Mariela (who I met during our POC training) is in Malaysia for the next two months for a conference….so she couldn’t be there.  But, my friend Elvira (from my Wednesday night Bible Study) was there.  SO much fun….and many more laughs!  Hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: