Saturday, October 16, 2010

From The Inside Out

This past Thursday, the kids gave a recap of the retreat for the rest of the community.  It was so nice to worship with the youth-led band again.  It really was a great retreat for the kids (and for myself).  One of my favorite songs from the night was called “From the Inside Out”.  Here are some of the lyrics that I really liked:

 

A thousand times I've failed

Still your mercy remains

And should I stumble again

Still I'm caught in your grace

 

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

 

My heart and my soul, I give You control

Consume me from the inside out Lord

Let justice and praise, become my embrace

To love You from the inside out

 

Your will above all else, my purpose remains

The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

 

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

 

My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control

Consume me from the inside out Lord

Let justice and praise become my embrace

To love You from the inside out

 

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise

From the inside out, O my soul cries out

1 comment:

Crystal Lucas said...

Yay! What a great song! I had to take a second look at the title of your blog - and make sure it was really your blog from PNG that I saw - because "Inside Out" is the theme for HOPAC this year as well (the school I work at in Tanzania.) We just sang this song at our third grade assembly last week, and it's been running through my head ever since. Our theme verse is: Romans 12:2. Next time you sing this song, you can pray that the kids at Haven of Peace Academy would really be transformed by the love of our Savior... from the inside out - every day!