Tuesday, October 5, 2010

www.weddingsongstories.com

Our friend David Calvert has launched a new blog to feature his newest album.  He is one of the most talented song writers that I know.  In college, he was a good friend to Caleb….one of his best…..and was even Caleb’s best man for our wedding.  Now, he is a part of our core support team….he and his wife are making it possible for us to be here in PNG.

 

 As a wedding gift, he wrote an original song for us and sang it during the ceremony.  “Awake” (the song that he wrote) has been on a few of his albums…..and I cannot help but smile every time I hear the song.  Not only did he write a beautiful song, he managed to capture the inner thoughts of my husband…..in a non-cheesey way!  My husband is a very thoughtful guy who doesn’t wear his emotions on his sleeve for the world to see.  But, reading the words of the song, I can see my husband’s thoughts all-over the ideas and themes in the song.  Calvert really got it right when he wrote this song!

 

This is one of many songs that he has written.  His new blog is going to tell the stories behind the songs on his new album. Follow the link and check out the other songs as they get updated.  Also, go on and buy the album!  You will NOT be disappointed!

 

http://www.weddingsongstories.com/2010/09/story-of-awake.html

 

 

No comments: