Wednesday morning, the alarm went off at 5:30am. By 5:50am, the P2-BUS (the “shuttle” to the airport) arrived to pick us up!
When we got to the airstrip, we watched the plane get fueled and set up for the trip. This trip, we traveled in the little 206. Ben did remarkably well on the flight to Madang which is only about 35 minutes! It sure beats driving 5 hours by long and bumpy road!
When we arrived at the Madang airstrip, we headed to the Madang guest house. The second picture a view from the Guest House grounds. When you walked into our flat, there was a kitchen to the right, a sitting area to the left and a dining area in the middle. It was one big room with these three areas. There was a room with a double bed and a room which had bunk beds. Ben took his afternoon naps on the top bunk and went to bed on the bottom bunk. He loved climbing up and down the ladder. We had a private porch where we could see the water…..the only drawback? No air conditioning. But, the cost was only about $35 a night…..and the breeze was constant, which was nice. AND…..we didn’t realize when we booked the place that the flat had cable! Not the cable you are all used to in the States….but there were a few decent channels….some even showing European soccer and others showing trashy American TV shows! One night, I sat for 4 straight hours watching America’s Next Top Model, Stylista, Britain’s Next Top Model and the New Jersey Housewives show. Talk about some quality taste-of-home TV! I’m not going to lie….it was niiiiiice, even if it wasn’t House. Oh….and Amazing Race. I got to watch that one night, too!
I digress….
The flat also had a bookshelf filled with books. Most mornings were spent reading. The Madang Center is fenced in, so Ben would just go out on the grounds and run around and play. We bought a pair of water guns which Ben enjoyed and there was a big sand box where he spent most mornings. Also, there were 5 puppies (about 1 month old) there on center. When we first arrived in Madang, they were all pinned up and fenced in. But, after the first two nights, they found a way to escape….which meant we had tons of time where we could just sit and play with them. I love puppies!!!
Anyway….I know that I am rambling….here are the pictures of the place where we stayed. I will post more pictures soon….
1 comment:
So glad that you all had a wonderful, relaxing time on vacation! Even better that you didn't get a miagrane!! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment