Saturday, October 16, 2010

FRIENDS!!!!!! (From the States arrive in PNG)

Our friends Andy, Melody, Hannah and Luke arrived on the Kodiak airplane this past Monday!  Above, you will see pictures of the plane arriving….and the last picture is from our training in Orlando in June 2009!  As you can see, Luke wasn’t born yet when we attended training with them.

 

It was SO good to see familiar faces….and it was so much fun to show them around Ukarumpa. Hannah and Ben play really well together and Luke is just the happiest little boy who takes amazing naps!

 

You know that I like to be honest on this blog, so here goes:  It was such a strange feeling to see these friends again.  We have spent only two weeks together over a year ago and then have followed each other’s blogs (and Facebook status) since.  I think it can best be described like this:  This is a family that we really care about, yet still know so little about.  It is like we know we will like them, but don’t really know them yet.  Does this make any sense??  Anyway…..we are having so much fun with them and are SO looking forward to getting to know them even better…..and we pray that they will transition smoothly into life here! =0)

 

Welcome to Ukarumpa, Andy, Melody, Hannah and Luke!!!!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I think that sounds like a totally normal feeling. I have several friends (hint hint) who I feel close with but don't really know. Technology is linking us in weird ways!