On Tuesday night, we had SUCH a fun night with our Bible Study!
The theme was Mexican Fiesta Night! Our friends, Paul and Kelly, are getting ready to head home for 9 months!! These are the friends that originally turned our sights on PNG….and because they were able to pick up their life and move overseas with their then 5-month old….we started to seriously consider that we could do it, too!
The menu for the night included homemade tortilla chips, cheesy queso dip, guacamole dip, chicken and steak fajahitas, enchiladas, Spanish rice, refried beans AND Mexican Muli Mocktails! Scott even prayed in Spanish for us (since he and a few others in our group were MK’s or Missionary Kids that grew up in Spanish speaking countries).
We hosted the party….and looking back, I am so happy that we did. We have a BIG dining room table, so we were all able to sit down to eat. Usually when we all eat together, we are always watching the kids or helping them eat. Or, even if the kids aren’t around, the plate is on our lap and we are sitting at a couch or something. It was SO nice for once to be able to sit and eat at a table like a real adult! I don’t think that I have eaten THAT much or laughed THAT hard in a VERY long time. It was SO nice!!
After dinner, we played a mean game of Trivial Pursuit….which I cannot play AT ALL! We played boys against girls. SO many times, I asked if I could “phone a friend”. Our friends Brandon, Kelli and Gina (from college) are SO good at this game. It was a normal hour in the States….so I begged to Skype them for help. Everyone said “no”! =0)
All in all, it was such a good night. We are really going to miss our friends when they go home to the States. But, I am learning that “such is the life” over here. There will be MANY more “good-bye’s” and many more “welcome back’s”. I am SO looking forward to January when we get to welcome back other friends from our Bible Study: Jeff and Kristen AND Chad and Kendal are planning to return. We are praying that God would help them raise the needed funds to come back to PNG!

No comments:
Post a Comment