Monday, January 16, 2012

Still Here....

It is hard to believe that tomorrow Melanie will be 5 weeks old. The time is just flying by.

I just called my mom today and she asked me if everything was OK because I haven't posted lately. Things have been good, but it has been hard to sit in front of the computer. I started to pump this week. If you followed my blog with Ben, then you know that pumping was hard work. I think there was too much pressure because I was going back to work after 3 months. But, with Melanie, there hasn't been any of that pressure. Plus, she is just doing so well with the whole nursing thing.

That being said, we are all still doing well. With pumping has come some afternoons and evenings of a still hungry baby. But, we are managing now that my milk supply has adjusted. Pumping is so much easier this go around. Still don't think that I am one of those women who will have too much milk. My body is pretty keen to make just enough for Melanie. But, over the past couple of days, I have managed to get about 6-8 ounces of milk (that's total, not per day). I am only pumping 2-3 times a day. It's is probably enough for two bottles, so that is good. We are going to try and introduce Mel to the bottle tomorrow.

As much as I love being here, we are all getting a little tired of each other. Add to that, we let friends borrow the car, so we have been without it for 4 days. It is getting to that point where we need friends for Ben. He has such a hard time being bored. For a 4 year old, he really does a great job....but he can only handle boredom for so long.

Caleb is getting ready to get back to work....he feels a little useless here now that the baby has been born and all the paperwork turned in. It is hard to wait....

The visa was lodged last Monday and the soonest we could hear anything is after 14 days. So, we won't know anything until Monday. We have tickets booked for the following Sunday, so we are praying that the visa will come "miraculously" in time. Again, we are really cutting it close since these things seem to sometimes come on time and sometimes take forever to get. The current plan is for Caleb and Ben to still fly back to PNG on January 29th/30th. Hopefully Melanie and I will join them. If not, we will change our tickets and fly back whenever the visa arrives.

I have a million pictures to post....some which are from before New Year's. So, I will try to post as many as I can for the grandma's now....

No comments: