We celebrated New Year's with really good friends this year. It is always fun to celebrate New Year's with new people. Since it is my favorite holiday, I like to MAKE people have fun. I refuse to succumb to old age and actually sleep through the change of the year. I think that Caleb and I slept instead of partied one year and I was mad at him for THE REST of the year because of it. :)
I have to say, we have had some pretty amazing New Year's celebrations over the years. For 2011, we celebrated in Papua New Guinea with lots of friends.(Click for link) For 2010, we were at an amazing beach house with some of our all-time favorite people. And for 2009, we celebrated with our Raleigh Bible Study friends and for 2008 Ben had just arrived! Another memorable New Year's was 2006....my old blog has SCANNED pictures for this one. I'm getting old! We celebrated with some of our college and high school buddies! (I have used hyperlinks so you have to click on the words to go to the posts....I am not sure why these don't always show up!)
Oh....and who could forget my pre-New Year's part with my senior girls!!! That was was memorable, too!
So, we ALWAYS celebrate.....this year, we got to hang out with Paul, Kelly, Kelly's parents, Amanda, Amy and Melissa. We decided to start the night off by going down to the lagoon for a kids music program. I wish I had taken pictures of this. This one group got up to sing and they had changed the lyrics of well-known songs into kids themed ones. At one point, they started singing, "A little bit of Monica blah blah blah." Fun times!
Afterwards, Will went to bed and the rest of us pulled out the sparklers for Ben and Piper to play with.
I have to say, we have had some pretty amazing New Year's celebrations over the years. For 2011, we celebrated in Papua New Guinea with lots of friends.(Click for link) For 2010, we were at an amazing beach house with some of our all-time favorite people. And for 2009, we celebrated with our Raleigh Bible Study friends and for 2008 Ben had just arrived! Another memorable New Year's was 2006....my old blog has SCANNED pictures for this one. I'm getting old! We celebrated with some of our college and high school buddies! (I have used hyperlinks so you have to click on the words to go to the posts....I am not sure why these don't always show up!)
Oh....and who could forget my pre-New Year's part with my senior girls!!! That was was memorable, too!
So, we ALWAYS celebrate.....this year, we got to hang out with Paul, Kelly, Kelly's parents, Amanda, Amy and Melissa. We decided to start the night off by going down to the lagoon for a kids music program. I wish I had taken pictures of this. This one group got up to sing and they had changed the lyrics of well-known songs into kids themed ones. At one point, they started singing, "A little bit of Monica blah blah blah." Fun times!
Afterwards, Will went to bed and the rest of us pulled out the sparklers for Ben and Piper to play with.
We then headed back to Paul and Kelly's flat for a night of poker. I always forget that when I tell people, "We played poker", some people think of gambling and sin immediately. We have always played cards and yes, poker, but never for real money.....just for pennies or bragging rights.
At midnight, I took my signature pictures of my kids (yay....now it is plural) sleeping. Every year, I take one.
Here's Melanie! (She was right in the same room as us at midnight.)
We were all really surprised that the fireworks were on NONE of the channels at midnight.
After complaining a bit, we took more pictures.
I swear, I can't get a good smile out of Caleb in the evenings:
Then, we complained some more about the fireworks not being on TV. That is when Caleb had the novel idea: "Maybe they are on now."
Ta-da!
No comments:
Post a Comment