Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Road Trip To Port Douglas

We thought it would be a good idea to see a little more of Australia than just Cairns. We decided to drive the scenic way to Port Douglas. The morning started out wonderful!

I got to use my new ceramic coffee mug. I took the next two pictures for my friend Kristen. It shows a couple of the luxuries that we don't get in PNG. For example, being able to drink coffee while listening to music and driving on smooth roads. The only thing that would make this picture more of a luxury (compared to PNG) would be for me to be driving at night....alone.


Smooth roads! Stoplights!

Ben was in a good mood.



I asked him to take a picture of Melanie and this is what I got:


Isn't that just so funny? Love that picture.

We drove to a small town, deep in the rainforest called Kuranda. There, we visited the famous Butterfly Garden. (Made us think of you, MeeMom and PopPop!)
















Look at these spectacular views!




No comments: