Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas in Australia!

Yikes! I am so behind with my posts. Our computer is acting up, which makes it hard to stay on top of e-mails and posts. Plus, little Melanie is GROWING. She is almost 8 pounds already.....sometimes I feel like I am nursing every hour. I wonder why that s. Oh! I know! It's because I AM nursing every hour at times. :)

Ok.....but I will stop making excuses and will just get on to the posts.

We enjoyed lunch with other people staying at Tree Tops Lodge on Christmas afternoon. I made a Christmas ham which was so good. Seriously, I am NOT a good cook. But, my turkey for Thanksgiving wasn't half bad and this ham got rave reviews, too. I have to admit it made me feel a little PROUD!

Here are some pictures from the afternoon.


Here is our family photo for the Tree Tops guest book. We packed up and moved out of Tree Tops the following day. So, we thought it a good idea to get a picture taken at this party.

The food was amazing:


Do they do this in the States? Below is a picture with Mel's name on it. The bottle says "Share a Coke with Mel". Every Coke bottle here has a different name on it. I have to admit, if I ever found a bottle with the name Adrienne, I would just HAVE to buy it. Talk about clever advertising.


Friends who live in Ukarumpa with us but were staying at Tree Tops at the time:


Rowan held Mel the entire time.....which meant that I had two hands to eat my food! Merry Christmas, Me!! What a treat!


(BTW- Rowan is one of the managers.)

Ben's favorite part was the Aussie tradition of having Christmas crackers. You pull them apart and a little, cheap toy is inside. Ben was the only kid there, so he ended up with practically all the prizes.


Hope your Christmas was memorable. Ours was!!!

1 comment:

The Renfrows said...

I haven't seen the Coke bottles like that in the states, but my cousin was over in Australia a few months ago and he found one with his name on it- had to buy it :) Very clever marketing!