Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meet Melanie!

Hi! I'm Melanie.

I am a really happy baby. Even when I "cry" it sounds like a little wail that last for all of 1 second. My parents respond pretty fast to my needs, so I just don't have to scream. I'm not even sure I know how to scream.

I do not like to be hot. And, it is hot here in Cairns. When I am outside, I get all sweaty and my face gets all red. I actually got a little bit of a sunburn when my parents took me to the lagoon right when I turned one week. Ooops! But, I am pretty content at the beach so long as my tummy is full.

Speaking of tummy, I love to lay on my tummy. My parents are still too scared to let me sleep on my tummy at night. That will have to wait until I can roll over. But, during the day, sometimes they let me sleep on my tummy and it is my favorite way to sleep. I have really good head control now. My mommy said that I wasn't as strong as my brother was at 4weeks of age. I decided to show her! So, I practiced a lot and by 5 weeks, I am as strong as he was! I can hold my head up really well, especially when I am being held by someone. I like to hold my head up and look into the eyes of the person holding me.

I like to snuggle. I love to be held. In the morning, I can sit by myself and look around without being held. But, after lunch, I get a little clingy. And, at night, I love being held so much.....I try really hard not to fall asleep. I know that if I fall asleep around 7pm or 8pm, I will eventually be put in my bed. So, I try to keep my eyes open as long as possible around this time....just so that my mom or dad will continue to snuggle with me.

I love my big brother. Sometimes I have no idea WHAT he is saying or doing. He likes to get REALLY close to my face. And, he talks to me in this super high voice. He is really gentle with me, though. He brings over his toys for me to "play" with. And, he is really good at holding my pacifier when we are driving places in the car. He loves me. I know that already. And, he holds me. He hasn't dropped me yet! Oh....and this is the best part- he "protects" me when he plays. He pretends that bad guys are out to get me....and he fights them ALL off. What a guy!

Baths! I love the water. I could just sit in a bath all day. Supposedly, my brother hated baths. But, I love them.

Well, that is all that I can think about to share with you all now. If I haven't met you yet.....then I am looking forward to the day we meet. This may sound vain, but I don't care. You are just going to LOVE me!

1 comment:

MCampbell said...

Very cute post! =)