Good-Bye 2010…..looking forward to 2011!
(I stole this idea from my old college roommate. Hope you don’t mind, Andie!)
Here is this last year in pictures!
January- Left the States and moved to Papua New Guinea
February- Started a 14-week orientation course: hiking, swimming, language learning, cultural observation, survival skills and more….
March- We were assigned a “watch family” who helped us learn the culture and language
April- Lived in a PNG village for 5 long weeks, but at least we lived close to the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life!
May- Flew from the beach to the mountains of Ukarumpa
June- Thoroughly enjoyed our many packages we received this year!
July- Celebrating the 4th of July internationally is weird….but we made the most of it!
August- Caleb enjoyed riding his borrowed motorbike!
September- I started leading the 11th grade girls Bible Study. Love these girls!
October- took a mini-holiday to the beach…..Caleb desperately needed a break from the security work here on center.
November- Caleb joined translator Ryan and two others on a hike into the village of Saut to assess the security situation and determine when Ryan’s family could return.
December- Ben turned 3!!! What an adventure this past year has been for this little guy! He has grown in so many new and exciting ways!












1 comment:
I can not believe you've been there almost a YEAR! that is crazy.
and ben = 3 years old! what?? where has the time gone??
miss you!
Post a Comment