Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tournament Week-end

I know that I am VERY behind with blog posts….more on why later…..

 

But for now, I hope you enjoy these pictures of our day trip to Goroka for tournament.  Have I mentioned this??  Caleb helped to coach the boys’ high school soccer teams.  The season ended with a tournament to Goroka (about an 1 ½ drive away).  Caleb’s team (made up of mostly 7th through 10th graders) was invited to play….usually just the senior team gets an invite.  Needless to say, they were so excited.

 

It was so much fun to be a fan.  I borrowed an Ukarumpa jersey and cheered so hard I lost my voice.  It was so nice to spend a day with the high schoolers and their parents and coaches.  They are all such great kids…..and so supportive of each other.  The weather was gorgeous and Ben loved all the fun food (snow cones, hot sandwiches, drinks, ice cream).

 

I am going to help coach the high school girls’ soccer team next term and then help coach girls’ volleyball the following term.  I am so excited!  Should be fun…..and a great way to pour into these kids….and mentor them!

 

(Notice the silly picture of my 11th grade girls “primping” in the teeny tiny bathroom.  I walked in and this was the sight….made me laugh….and made me grab my camera!)

2 comments:

James and Loria Fox (Ryan) said...

Love that you are mentoring those girls! Brings up such wonderful memories of when we were in high school soccer and volleyball. :)

Adrienne said...

I know!! I have told so many stories from our high school years......they eat it up! =0)