Things are about to get INSANE! Don’t ask me why, but I have decided to take on a more “full-time” kind of role. Starting after the first of the year, I will be filling a critical position within our organization called the CTS-Purchaser. This role has been vacant since before we arrived in PNG. People have worked in the role minimally, but not full-time. After lots of talks with people, lots of doors closing in other areas of work and life, I have decided that I want to help in this way.
I am hoping that this job will begin with a lot of hours where I physically have to be in the “office” but will move more towards a remote position (working from home). Only time will tell….but, what I do know now is that things are going to be a bit crazy and hectic around our house as I learn the new responsibilities that I have taken on.
The CTS Department is in charge of all the computers here on center and the computers for all the translators. I will be able to use my MBA and accounting background by filling a role where I will purchase all the goods that the department will use…..and eventually, I will receive all the inventory as it comes in from various locations. When I was a tax auditor, I used a lot of my financial accounting classes…..now, in this role, I will have to relearn and put into practice all my cost accounting courses. I was told during college, that tax courses were stupid but that working with taxes was enjoyable…..you might be rolling your eyes, but I agree with this. I really liked working with taxes. During college, I also heard the same kind of stories about cost accounting….not fun as a class, but a good profession…..time will tell, right??
Please be praying for us….we are not sure that this is the right move, but we do feel like 1) God has closed other doors for some roles I was considering and 2) that this is the one position where there is an extreme need that I can fill and 3) I like the people I would work with. There is NOTHING like the feeling of knowing that you have ability to help is such a big way! Everyone is really excited that I am taking this position, but I just pray that it will work for our family.
Lest you think that Ben will suffer, at most I will be working a few mornings a week…..he already goes to Daycare two mornings a week. Initially it will be hard, but eventually, we will figure out a way to make it work. Also, every month Ben seems to get older and more capable of entertaining himself. I am so proud of the little guy that he is turning into. With potty training mastered, we really have moved into a different phase of our life…..and we just feel like now is the time for me to serve in this way….
No comments:
Post a Comment