On Sunday, we had the opportunity to go to a saxophone recital. We have been hearing this AMAZING saxophone player who practices close to our house. We didn’t know who it was, until we saw that the recital was planned. I knew we couldn’t miss it….turns out the guy is in 10th grade….and amazing.
Ben really likes music….and always pretends to play it. So, I took the chance and decided to take him to the recital. He sat through the whole recital (an hour). I was SHOCKED. There is a picture which shows how “entranced” he was.
I used to play the saxophone in middle school…sigh….those were the days, right? I think if I had played the soprano sax, I would have stayed with it. But, instead, I chose the alto saw so that I could play in the band. But, I played a song dedicated to my sister at my eighth grade graduation…and I haven’t picked it up since.
But, going back to the recital, there is so much talent here on center. Some of these kids can compose entire productions. Mix that with all the different nationalities, I truly feel blessed to hear what these kids when they perform. We anticipate there will be many more music productions and recitals in our future. Too bad the term is over, so we have to wait a couple months.
Oh…on a side note….the seniors are graduating really soon. I have to be careful not to call it “summer” here. Even though the school is out and it is the dry season….we are not going into more of a “winter”. It will be dryer here and cooler….so definitely NOT summer.
1 comment:
It's funny to see a place where I remember being many times! I'm so glad you get to enjoy such talent! :)
I totally understand about it being "summer" break! It's finally cooling off here - mid to upper 70s some days, which is a HUGE deal!!! And yet, every child at HOPAC calls this time off school "summer break." I'm very glad it's not the hot season. It's just funny to see how international culture and phrases - even from kids who grew up in the southern hemisphere - translate to an understanding on all sides. Even when it doesn't technically make sense!!!
Post a Comment