Today is my dad’s birthday….well, not today in PNG, but today in the US. So, I thought I would take a moment to post a picture here on my blog.
As most of you know, my parents divorced when I was 7 and both remarried. I am blessed to have a family that is a bit bigger, unconventionally. My dad and stepmother have two sons. I feel lucky to have them as brothers.
This whole decision to move overseas was really hard…especially for my family. Ben is the only grandchild on my side. So, I just wanted to take a moment to say “Thank you, Dad”….for helping me become the person that I am today. I know that decision is hard on you and your family…and I am so happy that I have your love and support….just like you have always supported me throughout the years.
I love you, Dad…and wish that I could be there to celebrate your birthday with the whole fam. We are thinking about you and missing you! As you used to say to me, “Don’t do anything stupid” (like get stuck out on open water…you know, something like that, just saying).
In my new Aussie fashion:
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Dad.
Happy Birthday to you.
Hip Hip- Hooray!
Hip Hip- Hooray!

No comments:
Post a Comment