We arrived in Orlando on a Saturday morning, drove to our organization's headquarters, unpacked, then split ways. Caleb and Ben had all of Saturday and Sunday to relax, watch TV and fish. Mel and I jumped into a car my friend Dawn rented for us and drove to Jacksonville to visit with her!
On Saturday, it was just SO good to catch up with Dawn. When we visited in September, she was "with TWO child". :) Since, she has given birth to her precious baby boys. Mel loved her dog Penny...and Penny was one of THE best dogs that Mel has been around. Mel was full out crawling at this point, so it was nice that Penny was so good with her. It meant that I didn't have to chase Mel all around the whole time.
I had missed Dawn so much...and it was fun to have a little bit of girl time. On Saturday we talked so much I thought I was going to lose my voice. Then, we put Mel down early to bed and enjoyed a blue crab feast! The next day, I got to meet Dawn's husband Josh for the first time. I missed their wedding because we were overseas. It was fun to get to know him better and he was a good sport about taking pictures for us:
Mel got her very first pedi with Auntie Dawn! Yes pierced ears AND painted toenails....I am THAT mom!
Josh and Dawn gave me this camera before I left. Dawn said that the thought of me not having a camera for the rest of our adventure (the next couple of months) was not good. Thanks, Dawn and Josh. Without you, these next couple of pictures would not have been possible.
I was also able to visit with my girl Hannah while in Florida. I got to see her dorm room and the beach!
I love this picture below because it is a little bit of PNG...you have Hannah and Mel in front of Hannah's wall of PNG memories.
We grabbed a quick lunch. Mel was in a rare mood:
Notice the sign:
My little rebel:
She fed every bird....twice...no wait, maybe three times, each!







No comments:
Post a Comment