So, after Wilmington, NC, we traveled to Waxhaw, North Carolina where we got to stay with the fabulous Abby for the wedding week-end and then Caleb's parents for the two weeks following.
When we were in PNG, I was a Bible Study leader for the 11th grade girls and a soccer coach. Abby was a grade above my girls, but I really got to know her on the soccer field and when her class invited me as a sponsor for their senior class trip. It was SO good to see Abby. She is like the embodiment of a missionary kid (or MK). When I think of MK and all the ways MK's are so amazing, Abby is one of the first girls that comes to mind. Seriously- she is that great. :) So, it was so cool to be able to stay with her at her house.
Now, on to the wedding...but FIRST, the bachelorette party! If you know me, then you KNOW I love a good bachelorette party. I love any reason to get together with a group of girlfriends and act silly and crazy...
It was this night that I got to meet my new sister-in-law Lauren. Let me back up-
Caleb has 4 sibblings and he is the oldest. Then, there is Cam who is married to Jill (they got married before us), Carson, Casey and Alanna. When we left for PNG, this was his family. When we came back, Carson had married Alana (with one "n") and Casey had married Lauren....and this week-end...Alanna married Andrew. So, there were LOTS of in-laws to meet. And I just love them all.
So, here are the pictures from the bachelorette party that Lauren (new sis-in-law) threw for Alanna (Caleb's sister and youngest sibling).
Alanna, the bachelorette is the one in the middle with two of her best friends.
And here is a picture of my sister-in-laws- Jill (left) and Lauren (right). Seriously, God blessed me with these girls because none of us have sisters of our own. Even Caleb's sister Alanna doesn't have a sister. It is fun creating new relationships and feeling like these are the "sisters I never had growing up." LOVE them! (And, sniff, sniff, miss them!)
Lauren picked out a fabulous Italian restaurant Who knew that the little town of Waxhaw could have such a place! The appetizers were amazing, I ordered ravioli (because that is something I could not get overseas) and it was scrumptious and the Riesling I drank was fabulous and a reminder that my daughter was in good hands with dad and I was FREE for the evening.




No comments:
Post a Comment