We usually meet from 7:30-10pm every Thursday night. It is really easy to get babysitters here, so we just take turns hosting. Every 4 weeks, we try and have a fun night. I posted pictures from the last fun night which was Thai-inspired because one of the couples was in Thailand at the time about to have their new little baby boy.
Well, on this last fun night, we all realized that for the first time in a long time, everyone from our group was actually in Ukarumpa at the same time. Two of the couples are translators….so some months they are here and others they are in the village. And, the rest of us all have different furlough times…..so some have just returned from being home in the States for a while. And, in a couple of weeks, two more couples (ourselves included in that number) will be in Australia getting ready to have our babies.
This fun night, we were feeling a bit weird…..ok…maybe it was just me. Chad said he had a new party game that we could all try out called “Werewolf”. It is like the game “Mafia” that we all played in high school or college…..but it has a couple of twists and variations.
Since we were hosting, I thought I would go a little crazy and make it a theme party. Since the game was called “Werewolf” and I knew it had to do with slowly eliminating certain people from the group until you had one or two winners at the end, I decided to make my cupcakes look like villagers that we would eat. :) I knew it was a silly idea, but my friend Kristen convinced to go through with it anyway! I know….I have issues. But, it is close to Halloween (even though missionaries aren’t supposed to celebrate that, right?) So sue me, I was raised Catholic. :)
The fall décor was out in full display, the villager cupcakes were all ready to be devoured, I’m pretty sure there was a full moon…..let the fun begin….
We decided to take a group shot since we all don't really know the next time we will all be together in Ukarumpa at the same time.
This is supposed to be the "serious" shot. Notice the new little baby in the left hand corner. Welcome to PNG, Baby Caedmon!!!
This was supposed to be a "serious" shot, also. But, some of the people forgot that it was the THIRD picture we were supposed to be silly in.....I laugh every time I look at this picture. Also notice the two pregnant gals in front and center. Kelly is to my left. Going to Cairns together!!
Then, when you thought the craziness couldn't get any worse....
I love this group. I am going to miss their company while in Australia!! Luckily, we get to come back to PNG and see them all again soon....
1 comment:
You. Crack. Me. Up. Love this!! And praying for funds and everything to go smoothly in Australia... :)
Post a Comment