

I just feel LARGE. I have reached that point where I don’t really want to take belly shots anymore. Caleb thinks the idea of taking pictures of your belly is really weird. I don’t care, though. It’s more my blog than it is his after all.
I went to the doctor last week and everything looks good. If you think of it, please say a prayer for us. The doctors here are not very good at knowing where the baby is positioned. They are amazing doctors but do not specialize in this kind of care- hence one of the reasons we have to go to Australia so early. That, and because the airlines won’t let you fly internationally after 36 weeks. But, from what the doctor can tell, the baby is not head down yet. It is more likely that it is traverse or breech. Now, I know that there is still plenty of time for this little one to spin around. But, I am started to get a little nervous about it.
Other than that, I am measuring well and the doctor says my weight gain is fine. I don’t believe him because I feel like an absolute blimp. Also, there are times that I swear that I am suffering from altitude sickness. All this weight at this altitude is making me nauseous and loopy. :)
I haven’t really craved anything except bananas and smoothies until now. The other night I really wanted ice cream. I wanted it at 9pm on a Friday night. Our one and only store here is only open on week-days….and Caleb refused to call our friends around center to see if anyone would spare any for me. We only have 23 more days until we go to Australia….but, I am starting to think that it will be a long 23 days.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I just sent a suitcase filled to the brim down to Port Moresby. We’ll pick it up when we fly down there in 23 days. It was so fun to pack all the baby clothes. It’s getting closer and I am starting to get really, really excited about meeting this new little Weir. I am also starting to realize that in 3 weeks, we will find out whether or not we are going to know if this little one is a boy or a girl before birth. We are planning for one more ultrasound right when we get to Australia…..but it might be too tight to tell anything.
My mom also just received the diapers from the Cotton Babies Diaper Grant. She says that they are super cute and smell so new! It looks like we will have about 16 cloth diapers, lots of inserts and cloth wipes. Again, I have no idea how we would have afforded diapering our baby if it wasn’t for this company and their amazing grant program. Here is the letter that we received with the diapers. I am blown away by this program:
“We are thrilled for you to receive the diaper grant! We are so excited about the work you are doing for the Kingdom. Your obedience to the call of God and your service to the people around you are inspiring to use here at Cotton Babies. We are grateful for the opportunity to support your family in this small way. We hope your new baby will be happy and comfortable wearing these cloth diapers. Please feel welcome to contact us with ANY questions regarding use of care of your diapers. If you send out a periodic newsletter or email update regarding your ministry, please add us to your mailing list. We would love to hear more about your work!"
I guess that is it for updates right now on the pregnancy….
1 comment:
SO glad that you got the diaper grant! Hooray!
Post a Comment