I guess I should begin from the beginning.
We spent about a week working on little video clips. The idea behind the talent night was that we were newscasters for the TV Show called “Secret Lives”. The show’s theme this week was what really went on behind the scenes for various couples on our center that these teens really knew. The video clips were our attempts to catch the real lives of these well known couples.
For example, Caleb is known here on center as being the big, bad security man. In our secret life video, you have three scenes. Scene 1- Caleb is practically a drill sergeant. He whistles Ben and I awake at the crack of dawn and makes us do morning push-ups....even though Ben is only 3 and I am pregnant. Scene 2- we are eating breakfast and Caleb is instructing us how to eat in military fashion. When Ben interrupts, he looks and Ben and yells, “When you address me, you address me as sir, you little peon!” Poor Ben looks so helpless and caught off guard. Then, Scene 3- you hear the music and then see Caleb playing Wii Just Dance and shaking his hips to “Womanizer”. The kids just died laughing because Caleb has ever only been serious around them. Good times…..
So, the video clips were like that….we had about 6. In between each video clip, we would cut to a commercial break. The commercial breaks were actually the talents that the kids put together themselves. And, the talents were SO great this year!!! The night started off with some great musical talents. Seriously, the kids here are just so darn talented. Then, throughout the night, they just got funnier and funnier. We had two kids who were fire eaters, too. I was really proud of all the talents. There wasn’t one this year where you just cringed and prayed that it would be over. So, yay!
We spent about a minute doing silly Beyonce/Glee moves. We were told later that Kelly had the attitude and I had the dance moves. I wish I hadn’t smiled so much, but I felt ridiculous. :)
The three guys danced for about 50 seconds and then we joined in with them at the end.
It actually went really well. I had choreographed the guys part and they learned it at 4pm the day of the talent show (which started at 7pm). They were great sports and really made the skit hilarious. Hope you enjoy the pictures….



No comments:
Post a Comment