Monday, September 26, 2011

What's New....

The soccer tournament that Caleb organized for last Saturday was a success.  There were 8 teams which eventually showed up to play.  I am still waiting for some pictures from friends before we do a post about it.  So, keep checking back for more on that event!  It was truly an answer to prayer.

 

I am getting ready to go on a 5 day youth retreat as a sponsor.  I leave on Saturday.  This is the annual youth retreat called Encounter.  Last year, we went to the beach.  This year, we will go to the mountains.  I am really looking forward to seeing how God moves in the hearts and lives of these teens.  I have a cabin with 6 of the senior girls.  It should be a lot of fun and a great chance for me to see into the lives of these girls a little better.  I would appreciate any and all prayers you could send my way during this time.  Last year, I lost my voice when we returned.  I am looking forward to many more DMC’s (deep meaningful conversations).

 

Benjamin starts 3 year old Pre-School next Friday.  He is really excited about this…..as am I.  He will go two mornings a week.  This will be a great way for him to learn more and to interact with other kids his age.  The class will be open to expatriates (other missionaries) and Papua New Guineans.  Ben already has a great group of friends, but this experience will really help him get to know many more.

No comments: