Sunday, September 11, 2011

PACKAGE!!!!

We got a package from our Raleigh Bible Study group!!! Actually, we got two on one day….but I will blog about this one first.

It is probably easier for me to just post the “thank-you” e-mail that I sent to them. It really conveys the excitement at the time we received it.

“Hi Friends,

We got our package today filled with all the amazing goodies. AHHH!!!! What a fun surprise!

It is Friday here…..so to get the package right before the week-end is a real treat. Not to mention, we have been really watching what we spend at the store, so these little luxuries go a long way.

I just have to go on and on and on about the pepperoni and the bacon. I think I almost cried when I saw that you sent those. I know, get a life, right??

Also, the blue cheese dressing….we are down to our very last drop and they do NOT get any kind of American salad dressing in the store. I have also been told that Australia won’t have any blue cheese dressing….or at least the kind we like. I might hide/save this item for our trip to Australia in two months. We are really hoping that we will get to watch some American football while we are there….and Blue Cheese will go with the wings we plan to make.

Toomey’s- thank you for spices for our olive oil dip!!!!! It is exactly like we remembered it when you had it at your house. This week-end, I am going to make a big loaf of artisan bread so we can dip away.

Thank you also for all the mac and cheese and easy meals. I have a feeling that I am going to start feeling really BIG and TIRED in the next 4 weeks. These will truly be lifesavers.

Oh….and the yummy puddings!! I didn’t know they made cookies and cream kind. And, those chocolate mousse thingey’s…one word: YUM!

Ok…I’m gushing….I know. You know you all miss me. Caesar Pasta Salad (with Parmesan cheese….that we are all out of now)….I was JUST talking to a friend today about how much I miss Caesar salads. Seriously. Those words were spoken aloud not 1 hour before I picked up the package from the post office. How fun! Again, though, I can’t decide if we should take it with us to Australia or eat it now. I am not a very patient person. I have a feeling that Australia will not have the kind of Caesar salad dressing that we like….and, we are planning a traditional American thanksgiving with friends when we get there. But, for Christmas, we are going to celebrate Aussie style. This means that on Christmas day, we will likely have all sorts of different kinds of lunch meat and pasta salads and fresh fruit….think 4th of July, only on Christmas Day. This pasta salad might be a really special treat for Christmas (pathetic, right?). Lunch meat is probably THE number one thing we are looking forward to about Australia…..besides the birth of our baby….and real milk is right up there on the list, too, I guess. But, you just cannot get good lunch meat here. It all tastes like fish. Gross. And, they only have one kind: ham. Nothing else.

Ok…enough rambling for me now. I know I am missing some really yummy things you all included in the package. Oh, and I took a picture of it after we opened the box. I have NO idea how you fit all of that inside. There is no way that I can get it all back in the way it came.

So, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We love and miss you all. It won’t be long now, though. How fun will it be to catch up again and see each other face to face.

Adrienne (Caleb and Ben, too)”

Thank you Joe & Amy, Greg & Jennifer, Corey & Jill, Chris & Kristin, David & Amy, Matt & Jennifer!!!!

1 comment:

Crystal Lucas said...

WOW!!! It's always amazing to me what people can fit in those boxes. And... parmesan cheese was one of my favorite things to get from the States! You've got some amazing goodies and GREAT friends... enjoy!! :)