My mom has definitely been an encourager by sending regular packages. She also takes the time to send me shows from the States. Whenever I know that a package is in the mail, I start counting down. When she sends a USPS flat-rate envelope, it takes about 3 weeks to get here. Most of the time, it gets to PNG in about 14 days…..then when we actually receive the package varies based on flights that go and come from PNG’s capital “city”. It is a safe bet that if the package isn’t here after three weeks, it will come by the 4th week. So, right at 3 weeks, we went to the post office to see if the envelope had arrived. To our surprise, the flat-rate box of goodies had arrived instead. Boxes usually take MUCH longer to get here….so I was really surprised.
But, miraculously, I misread my mom’s e-mail. Inside the box, Ben found his airplanes. He was overjoyed (and that is an understatement)!
I have to admit that I was excited, too! This box contained maternity clothes that I can wear in Australia. It is going to be HOT there….my mom went through some maternity clothes that had been given to her and hand-picked items she thought I would wear. I have to admit that having my mom pick out my clothes for a first-world country was a little nerve-wracking. (No offense, Mom!) What if I didn’t like the clothes? She would be wasting her money by sending them. But, all but one piece of clothing worked! YAY! I even got another pair of maternity jeans in the box. Just look at the space saver bags! I still can’t get over how much stuff she fit into this box!
Also in the box was a book that I had purchased. Since we will have a lot of time on our hands in Australia before our baby is born, I thought it might be fun to get a “Teach Your Child To Read” book. If he is interested, then he is interested. If not, we don’t plan to push it. But, Ben just seems so hungry to learn more….I thought, “Why not??” Already, we have started the first lesson…..slowly. It will take some time having him re-learn the alphabet but with the lowercase letters instead. But, he’s getting it….and he really likes the attention. Nothing like sitting down with mom or dad and having their undivided attention for about 10 minutes. This kid just eats up the quality time. He is going to have such a rude awakening when this new little person joins our family!
My mom sent a little outfit for the baby, too.....from Kohl's. I really miss Kohl's! They have such cute kid clothes.
Here are a few pictures from about 2 weeks ago. I went on-line and pulled up pictures of the planes MeeMom was sending for Ben.
Here are two pictures of Ben trying to put on his "excited" face:
Looks more like his "goofy" faces to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment