Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Messages from our Home Church

We are part of an amazing Church (Grace Community Church in North Raleigh). Not only are they supporting us financially and prayerfully, the individual members of the community are reaching out to us and encouraging us. All the couples from our previous small group e-mail us and send us care packages (6 couples total). Another friend from the church sent us sermons that we were missing. Two members of the church were ministering to me and Caleb (one on one) for about a year before we made this leap to serve full-time. Those two members still e-mail us and encourage us. Even other members from our church have sought us out on our blog or via Facebook to tell us they are praying for us. It’s a great church!

Then, we got a surprise in our mailbox! (On a side note, some things take 3-4 weeks to get to us….while other things, like this envelope took closer to 8 weeks! I don’t understand mail here!) Ok…back to our mailbox. We recently received artwork and cards from the children’s program at our church. Just look at all the pictures I took. I got all teary eyed when I found cards from Ben’s little friends….friends who have probably changed SO much since we last saw them. All I have to say is that receiving these little letters of encouragement came right at the best time. We needed it. :)

So, thank you Grace Community for loving us and supporting us and encouraging us. We miss you all and look forward to one day seeing you face-to-face….when we can tell you personally how much you helped us survive over here on the mission field!


We posted all these cards on the bulletin board next to our desk. We just love seeing them daily!

No comments: