Ukarumpa is where we will be living for the next 2 + years. The weather here is absolutely beautiful. There is a cool, constant breeze that passes through all day. It is probably in the 70’s all afternoon. In the morning, it is chilly in the house (Ben goes to bed with warm PJ’s on). But, even though it is a bit cold, the first thing I do in the morning is open all the windows. We drink our coffee bundled up in warm pajama’s and thick socks. Opening the windows feels so nice and that breeze just continues to flow throughout the whole house all day. Caleb usually goes to work in pants and a short-sleeved shirt. But, by 10am, it warms up to about 70 degrees. When he comes home for lunch, he changes into shorts. Then, after dinner, we all put on our long-sleeved shirts and pants again. I LOVE this weather. It truly feels like a gift from God.
I am a bit unhappy with the roads here. Apparently, these past couple of months (wet season) was REALLY wet. A lot of people complained about the roads being so slippery. So, the Industrial Department covered the road with this large (size of your fist) stones. Now that it is dry season, the road is covered with these stones. I have fallen twice…the second time I got all bruised up. It would have been more times, but when I have the stroller, it catches my fall!
Benjamin is SO happy here. He loves this house. There is a playground nearby where he can go with friends and I can see him from the porch. He also likes to be outside when I am hanging up the wash on the clothesline….he likes to look for bugs. But, overall, he just has this bounce in his step and a smile on his face. He was so happy to see all the toys we unpacked from the crate and he loves to go for rides in the stroller. Even people who went through our training with us (for the past 4 months) can tell the difference. He LOVES it here.
I have been a tad sad lately. But, I am coming up with a routine for our family that I think will help. I find that I want to be in two places at once…which is impossible. Now that we have the internet again, I want to e-mail all the people that I have not talked to in ages. I want to e-mail our family and tell them every little detail. I want to talk to my friends from home and my friends from years past. But, in doing that, I find myself GLUED to the computer screen (and completely ignoring Caleb and Ben). We are making great friends here…but I still find myself wanting to preserve or “save” all the friendships at home…so that they will still be there when I get back to Raleigh. But, I am learning to let myself off the hook a bit….and have been praying that I would find a balance and that everyone at home would be understanding during this time of transition.
Well, hope you enjoy these pictures…I am going to post some more….
1 comment:
Hi Ben! Hannah wanted to write and ask if there was a playground there...we were just talking about it yesterday. She'll be so excited to know there is one to play on there and she is so excited to come play with you in Papua New Guinea!
Hugs, Hannah's Mommy (Melody) =)
Post a Comment