Thursday, May 20, 2010

Curtain Time Continued...

So….I bought this FUN fabric in Lae.  I figured that it would be fun to learn how to make curtains.  Jessie told me that I could borrow her sewing machine while we went to the coast for 6 weeks (she’s a new translator, so she is going to help with a project). 

 

I bought the fabric, set up the time for her to come over and “help” me, then fully expected her to do all the work…at least at first.  Didn’t happen!  She made me do everything!  I did the measuring, the cutting, the pinning, the sewing…the works!  I begged her (just like a whiney 2-year old) to do more of the work.  Nope!  She was very patient, very thorough, but taught ME how to do it all myself.

 

Needless to say, she is leaving this Monday.  I have her sewing machine, I am excited to play around with it and hopefully finish my curtains.  Only time will tell…

1 comment:

The Renfrows said...

You are so domestic now, Adrienne! You inspire us all!