Monday, March 18, 2013

Time apart....

Back in September, we found our apartment and then went separate ways.  Caleb started work in Colorado and I flew back to Maryland with the kiddos....the plan:

- Spend time with my mom and stepfather in Baltimore. (And get the chance to see Ryan and Rindi!!)
- Have my mom drive us from Baltimore to Raleigh so that I could be there to pack the moving POD.
- Spend time in North Carolina, saying our "Good-Bye's".  Speaking at a Women's Event at our Raleigh home church, Grace Community.
- Surprising Caleb at his brother's wedding.  He surprised his parents (they didn't know he was going to be able to make it.)  I surprised Caleb (He didn't know I was going to be able to make it.)  Caleb's high school friend Paul is to thank for making this surprise possible.  We love you, Arguello's!!
- Spending a little time in Charlotte, NC with Caleb's family.
- Taking a 3 day road trip from North Carolina to Colorado with both kids and my dad- who is a SAINT.  I still don't know how he put up with all of us in such a small space for such a short period of time...but it was the trip of a lifetime....and I feel so blessed that my dad could go with me!!  Thanks, Dad!!

Here are some pictures from the beginning of this plan....BALTIMORE!!

My mom was working when my plane got in, so my high school friends Ryan and Rindi picked our chaos up from the airport.  We got to reconnect a bit (we saw them right before we left for PNG, too), enjoy a fabulous meal that Mel devoured, and partake in dessert that contained more chocolate than I had seen in the last 2+ years!  Thanks, friends!  It was so great to see you and for our boys to play together.  Ben had a blast on the riding lawn mower (not the best picture).....but for a little Missionary Kid, This.Was.THE.Life!



We got to spend some time with my stepfather (also known as PopPop!!!)

He took us to Weber Farm (a tradition of mine...)  We got spiced cider and cinnamon apple donuts....it was so great to really be able to enjoy the Fall with family....




I don't have pictures from the Potato Chip Factory, but my mom had a great idea to go to one.  Ben was engrossed and still talks about it to this day.  Afterwards, we had a picnic lunch at a nearby park.  Mel enjoyed the swings.....






No comments: