Monday, March 18, 2013

The Move....

Caleb's company really helped us out with moving expenses, so we were able to just send our earthly belongings via POD.  It really was the most hassle-free way to go....Well, I take that back.  It was "hassle-free" for me because 1) we didn't have to drive a truck cross country and 2) we have the best friends in Raleigh, NC who did all the packing and moving (in the RAIN) for me.  Seriously....this.is.community.  And, I am getting all sad now remembering how wonderful and helpful and present they all were....

Here are some fuzzy pictures from the night.  At first I was upset because they were fuzzy, but in retrospect, this time of my life is a blur....so the pictures are actually quite appropriate.

I love (and miss) my Raleigh friends.  They are the ones that taught me that friendship CAN be as deep (and even deeper) than high school and college.  It took 2 years to really make it work and for everyone to get to this place....but they really are like family to me.

Joe and Amy stored all our crap belongings while we were overseas.  By the time I got there (from Baltimore), most of the little boxes and odds and ends were in their dining room.  I was actually quite horrified at times thinking about how we had NO time to actually go through this stuff....and that that would have to be done in Colorado.  It was a strange, strange feeling to be packing things to move....not knowing what we were actually taking with us or what we actually had here in America....


Greg and Joe were the MASTER packers.  They approached the whole ordeal in a very systematic (or "My way is the right way") approach.  I say this as a joke because I would have just stuffed everything in.  I had no idea that there was a proper way to pack a POD to ensure everything made it to the final destination in one piece.

Here is a picture of their dining room...completely over-taken by our random things....


And, of course, what would a move be without a good ol' NC thunderstorm?  There was actually a time that David said to Matt, what would happen if this metal POD was struck by lightening.  After we all talked about how we pictured we could meet our maker, we decided a break was in order.  The rain stopped and we were able to finish...


We all ate dinner and thankfully the rain slowed down and the POD was packed!

I took this picture to make fun of Greg or David....now I can't remember which...because only one person went with a different kind of cheese....


Again, blurry....but I don't care.....Ben and his Raleigh BFF's...






No comments: