Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ben's Broken Arm...

Poor Ben.....he broke his arm.

Do you remember how I mentioned I made my first friends here in FOCO?  Well, they invited me to their Community Bible Study.  Basically, it is a Bible Study for anyone in the community....you don't have to go to their church.  So, every Tuesday morning, Ben, Mel and I looked forward to a Precepts Bible Study.  Ben and Mel went to the nursery (which had super fun toys and great teachers) and I got some time with ADULTS which included God. It was a win/win!

I kid you not, Precepts was (and still is...but I'm more busy now) the HIGHLIGHT of our week.  Ben knew he would get to play with FRIENDS and I knew that I would get a break from my lovely children.

Unfortunately, kids fall.  Ben was trying to be Spider Man by scaling the side of a play place/slide and he fell on his arm.....and it broke.  To this day, I love to hear him tell the story of how he fell.  It is quite cute.

But, seeing him in pain wasn't cute at all. Thankfully, we weren't overseas when this happened.  A break like this (and surgery to reset it) would have been grounds for a medivac.  So, while I was sad for him, in the back of my mind, I was just so grateful that this happened here instead of over there...

Here are the pictures of when Ben first broke his arm....


Went in for surgery....


Came out of surgery...




And then got a cast in honor of his Uncle Carson who was serving overseas with the Air Force at the time.



I probably won't post pictures of when the cast was taken off....but I just wanted to mention that Ben actually said "Good-bye, Cast" when we left without it....too cute!  Love that kid!



No comments: