Thanksgiving was a great time of year for us....but it was hard at times, too. It was hard to be content. Transitioning back to life here in the States, our "I-want-more"s crept back in and we found ourselves desperately wanting this or totally in need of that.
But, having Ben around....who was/is growing more and more aware of things....we knew we had to be purposeful about giving thanks and remembering just how much God has blessed us....and how his promises have always been true....
I really enjoyed our first ever Thanksgiving tree....and this will be a tradition that we keep in the Weir house...
And you know what? While we may have been whining and disappointed about all the things we felt like we didn't have, this little act of taking the time to write out what we did have....well, God used it to change our hearts. We suddenly found ourselves being thankful for more and more....and able to live with less and less.
In this post, you will see pictures of our thanksgiving meal with my aunt, uncle, uncle's cousin (Chris), and his girlfriend (Lori). Looking back now, I am overwhelmed by their hospitality and their welcoming us into this tradition. Chris is an amazing chef.....he deep-fried a turkey (a good Southern tradition that we hold because of our time in NC) and roasted one. One day, I hope I can cook a perfect bird like that...haha
I also cannot help but thank God for the chance to see Ben's babysitter from PNG. Kaela, one of my Bible Study girls from PNG and also Ben's babysitter during our time there, went to Winter Park, CO for a ski trip. We started a tradition to always go and visit her if she is there after Thanksgiving. So, that Saturday, we went on a road trip and found Kaela in the Colorado mountains. I am getting all teary-eyed just thinking about how special this time was for all of us in so many ways.
Enjoy the pictures...
Time with Kaela (Or Aunt Kaela, as Ben still calls her....):
After Thanksgiving week-end, it was time to decorate for Christmas! Santa came to Old Town, so we went to meet him. This sparked a conversation/fight/discussion between Caleb and I about what we were going to tell Ben about Santa....haha....can you guess which one of us wanted to tell Ben that he was most certainly NOT real? We did reach a compromise....
Santa read "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" to us all...
Caleb can be bribed with food....while the whole Santa ordeal was painful for him to sit through, eating at The Waffle Lab food truck made it all better...
We were able to decorate a bit for Christmas that following week-end....Have you ever seen a cuter reindeer? MeeMom would be so proud. It is a tradition in our family to have antlers and santa hats for Christmas...


















No comments:
Post a Comment