Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Let the Journey Begin...

I am sorry that I haven’t posted much lately.  I promise that ALL that will change soon…..because tomorrow morning, we jump on a plane and begin our journey to Cairns, Australia.

 

These last couple of days have been busy.  I have had to remind myself over and over again to not overdo it with packing and lifting and running errands.

 

It is currently midnight here.  Ben is asleep.  Caleb is asleep.  But, of course, the baby and I are not sleeping.  This little guy/girl is squirming all over the place.  And, with all the excitement, I can’t stop thinking of things that I should do now instead of in the morning.

 

All of our stuff is packed away into one of the rooms of the house.  It’s really crazy to think that the time has come to leave PNG for a couple of months. 

 

Tomorrow morning, we will get up at 6am.  We’ll then drive to the little airstrip here by 6:30am.  Then, we will weigh ourselves and every single thing that we want to bring on the plane.  Around 7:30am (give or take some time depending on the fog), we will take off and head to Port Moresby.  I played it safe and didn’t book a flight for the evening.  So, we will hang out at a guest house watching TV until Thursday.  On Thursday, we will board a plane to Cairns, Australia.  We won’t be there until Thursday night….so you can expect that we will not be on-line and blogging or responding to e-mails until Friday.  And remember, if you are on the east coast, we are 13 hours ahead of you.

 

I am looking forward to relaxing.  Maybe not sleeping now isn’t so bad.  When we get to Port Moresby, I get to sleep and read and watch TV and just veg for a bit.  Once we get to Cairns, I know we are going to want to see and do so many things….even if it is just shopping for food or going to the pool.  So, maybe the time to rest a bit won’t be so bad after all.

 

I went to the doctor on Monday.  The baby’s head is down.  Thank you ALL for your prayers. :)  Also, the baby’s heartbeat was 160.  Two weeks ago it was 150.  I vaguely remember Ben’s heartbeat being around 140.  Is it a girl?  Is it a boy?  Who really knows. :) But, I thought I would blog about these stats so that I have it for future reference.

 

I also got my letter from my doctor saying that I was 35 weeks and fit to fly.  Most airlines won’t let you fly after your 36th week.  I also got copies of all my medical records.  It will be strange to begin seeing a new doctor for this pregnancy.  But, I have heard wonderful things about the doctor in Australia.

 

I guess I am just rambling now.  Maybe I should try and sleep again.

 

Be checking back, though.  I have tons of pictures to post.  Also, we took a lot of videos today.  I am not sure if I will edit them a bunch or just upload them as is when we get to Cairns.  I guess that is something that I can think about tomorrow or the next day.  I really should be sleeping.

 

 

1 comment:

Word and Steph said...

Thinking about you and praying for safety and good health over the next few weeks!