As you know, I lead the senior girls Bible Study while in Ukarumpa. I really miss my girls, but I know that they are going to be really excited to see me when I return with a new little baby for them to hold and cuddle.
We wanted to have a party before I left for Cairns. I thought it would be fun to have an early Christmas party and another girl mentioned the idea of a sleepover. In about 15 minutes of talking, we had come up with the perfect party idea: 3 Holidays in 3 Hours!
The Saturday night before I left, I rented the WA Center (where I had my baby shower sleepover, too). The plan was to celebrate Thanksgiving from 9pm-10pm, Christmas from 10:30pm-11:30pm and then New Year's at midnight until whenever. All the girls signed up for food that had to do with the theme.
I am going to post pictures now of our holidays. Have I said how much I love these girls? I LOVE THESE GIRLS! I have so much fun with them and I can see God using us in each others lives. The only thing that could have made the night more perfect was if Hannah (she also leads this group with me), Emily (in the States), Stefanie (in the States) and Kazuki, Naomi and Laura (all sick) could have been there. Other than that, the night was a strange blend of magical and eerie. It was magical because it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.....it was eerie because it really felt like each of the holidays at each time.....read on to see why.....
No comments:
Post a Comment