Monday, November 28, 2011

38 Weeks!!



It is hard to believe that I am 38 weeks pregnant already. Sometimes I feel like it was only yesterday when I found out that I was going to have another little baby. I can still remember the huge sigh of relief when I found out and how absolutely blessed I felt by God. Now, I am just amazed that not only did he work it out for us to have another little baby, but He has provided for our needs and continues to do so all along the way.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to God and supported us throughout this whole adventure- whether it has been monthly financial support, one-time donations, offers to send packages with baby clothes and items, and/or prayer support.

I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow. I am going to ask the doctor to schedule an induction for Monday, December 12th if this little girl doesn't come out all on her own. Caleb's mom arrives on December 8th and leaves again around the 20th. We really want her to be able to spend time with this little lady.

Also, I have good news and another answer to prayer! I was finally able to book a flight for Tuesday, December 20th to fly to Sydney to apply for our baby's passport. I was waiting for the appointments to become available. You can only sign up for an appointment via their website and for the longest time, the dates I wanted weren't available. Once I booked the appointment, I purchased my ticket to Sydney. Granted, things could still delay this all (there are a lot of things that have to happen before I can go to Sydney, so this is a BIT of a gamble), but at least I have a ticket and this ticket can be changed, if necessary. I would be out 60 Aussie bucks if I had to change the flight, but at least I wouldn't lose all the money. If, for some reason, I need to fly after the 20th of December and before the 5th of January, the tickets could an additional $300. December 20th is the latest we could afford to go. If I am not able to go to Sydney on the 20th, there is a good chance I will have to wait until January 5th or 6th.....and beg to be given an Emergency Passport or something. So, if you are praying, PLEASE pray for this little one to come around the 8th. That would be ideal. :)

Little Melanie is moving around a lot, especially at night. She is an active little one and always seems to get the hiccups. I have had a little bit of heartburn, but I don't think it has been as much as with Ben. I am hoping she has hair. :) Sometimes they say that heartburn later on means that the baby will have hair. Caleb doesn't believe things like this.

I feel like she dropped a bit about a week or two ago....like when we first got here. But, I don't feel like she has dropped much this past week.

Other than that, things are going well. I still get up multiple times a night, but the times that I am sleeping, I am sleeping well! The bed here is 100 times better than the bed we sleep on in PNG. And, the pillows are so soft and fluffy. :)

I think that the biggest relief for me has been that I was able to purchase these tickets and make my appointment for Sydney. There are still a lot of steps between now and actually having our baby's PNG visa in hand so we can return to PNG, but it feels like a huge weight has been lifted now that I have purchased the flight.

Caleb hasn't been sleeping well. He is suffering from allergies or something. I feel really bad for him because he is stuffed up and miserable at different times during the day. He actually flies to Sydney THIS Wednesday and returns on Thursday. He will take his ASIS Certification exam there. Please keep him in your prayers. We are really praying that he passes this, but the material is really hard and there are some unknowns about actually how in depth the material on the test will be. But, we are both in agreement that it will be NICE when the test is finally over. It feels like he has been studying for it as long as I have been pregnant! Once it is over and done with, we will all sleep a little better at night....and we will all be able to concentrate a little more on preparing to become a family of 4.

No comments: