So, I realized that I just HAD to do this. I knew that it was something I would regret if I chickened out. Also, when Deb said she was going to do it again, I knew that the best person I could have jumped out of the tree with would have been Deb. Like I said, I trust her THAT much. J So, I knew that jumping out of the tree would be easy for me. Most people have the hardest time thinking about the free fall. Not me. I knew the hardest part would be climbing the tree. A lot of these kids here grew up climbing trees. NOT me….I was a city girl! There were two parts that were really hard for me. One part I had to scale the side of the big tree trunk. I got stuck and was able to just change my footing….that helped and turned out to not be too hard afterall. But, there was this one part that was REALLY high…..there was nothing to grab onto above or to the sides of the trunk. I literally had to lean over with my hands and feet on the trunk to walk across it while balancing. Deb saw how I was stuck with fear. She said, “Adrienne, you can do this. It is just three steps across the really grippy bark.” She then started a different talking through the fear technique and looked up and realized I had already walked across. Later she said that she thought she was going to have to talk me through it more….but was surprised to see how quickly I just did it. After that hard part, the rest of easy. I walked out to the ledge of the trunk….and jumped off. I cannot remember how high she said it was……but think REALLY high. It was the kind of jump that you felt like you were free falling. So glad I did it!
Malolo- The last day we went to Malolo and to all of our surprise, it was open and secluded. (Malolo is another resort that has a black sand beach….BEAUTIFUL). The chef was surfing so we didn’t have any food, but we could all buy drinks. Also, we had so much pizza leftover from the night before, everyone got at least one piece of that if they wanted it. (I got a Hawaiian piece….score!) At Malolo, it was pretty relaxed. Everyone just swam or sunbathed or sat on the beach. Some of the guys played football. But, around 2:30pm, the waves picked up. Practically everyone was bodysurfing the waves from that point on. And, if they weren’t body surfing, they were sitting on the beach watching and laughing. I was surprised how big some of the waves were considering we are in PNG. It was a lot of fun. Joel had to make us (even the sponsors) get out of the water.
Here is a picture before the waves began around 2pm.
POC Party Bus- Mel’s ear was acting up a bit more so Joel set up an appointment with Verna at POC. We dropped the kids off around 4:30pm to get ready for dinner that night at Ocean’s. Then, Scott, Joel, Dylane, Mel, Carissa and I went in the coaster bus up to POC. It was crazy! Scott let us turn the music up and we were all standing and dancing on the ride up and the ride back. Everyone on the mountain probably story-ed about us around the fire that night! At one point, we slapped hands with a group of about 10-15 kids….and they all started chasing the bus! They were all smiles and were dancing and followed us a pretty good distance. Scott was really easy going about the craziness and even stopped at the scenic point so we could dance outside and take pictures with a view.
Relaxing by the Pool- Here are a few pictures of this game the guys came up with. The boys would take turns jumping into the water. When they were in the air, someone would call out a body part and that was the first thing that had to hit the water. People would call out “earlobe” or “elbow” or “thumb”.
No comments:
Post a Comment