.....the test says that we are having a "Purple".
By now, you probably figured that out. If it had said one way or the other, we probably would have posted something sooner.
I was SO disappointed. I had prepared myself that it would be purple (not pink and not blue), but Caleb's laughing and "I told you so's" made it worse.
So, we do not know if we are having a boy or a girl. Caleb seems to think that this one is a girl because my pregnancy is so different than Ben's, but you really can't tell just by that. Obviously, we would be happy with either a boy or a girl. There is really no preference. i am just so excited for Ben to have a sibling. Being an only child until I was 11, I never really got the sibling interaction/experience. So, I can't wait to see what it is like with our children.
Sometime between 21 and 26 weeks, I am going to go to Goroka and have two ultrasounds done....each at a different place. If BOTH doctors are able to tell what we are having, then I will post it on the blog. But, just my luck, one will say boy and the other will say girl. It's bound to happen that way.
In the meantime, here are ways that this pregnancy is different than when I was pregnant with Ben:
- I feel like I am carrying high with this pregnancy. With Ben, I remember my pants not fitting before my tops. But, I can still get into my non-maternity pants. I also feel like the baby belly is more spread out from side to side...instead of just a basketball type blob in the front. All this could mean nothing since I was showing so much earlier with this one than with Ben. It could just feel different for that reason alone.
- I am REALLY hormonal and I still have head-aches and migraines. With Ben, my hormones evened out so much that I was able to eat peanut butter and other migraine-trigger foods with no problem. That is not the case with this one....maybe because of the extra estrogen??
- I am breaking out and my skin looks terrible. I have had more pimples on my face in the last 4 months than I have ever had in my life, combined. Seriously.
- Cravings? I don't really have cravings yet. I crave Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and Cheese Puffs, but I think that is only because the store has just recently received those in stock. Both those items were not here in our store in the last year or so.
- My feet are cold. I was always warm with Ben. Maybe this is just because we moved into a colder house during the coldest time of the year here.
- I was MUCH sicker with this pregnancy than with Ben. And, the sickness lasted all day and past my first trimester. I had some relief for about a month, but now it is coming back again. Not fun!
So....predict what you will. :) Maybe we will know before we go to Australia, maybe we won't. It is fun for me to try and guess.
2 comments:
Weird...my morning sickness seems to be coming back also (though much more mildly)...maybe you're having a girl too! ;)
Interesting...all of the things you experienced with Ben, I am experiencing this time with Lilly! My face was WAY worse with Brayden than this time and I carried "wider" with Brayden instead of the basketball belly with Lilly!
Either way, as long as baby Weir is healthy, we will love him/her all the same! Hope the sickness doesn't stick around for long! That part really stinks!
Post a Comment