A few Tuesdays ago, our friends (the Pennington’s) returned from their village. If you recall, Ryan is the friend that Caleb went on a 9-day hike. The purpose of that hike was to determine if it would be safe for the Pennington’s to return to their village. Well, it was determined that it would be safe, and the family went for 5 weeks and returned just recently.
Kristen, Sarah and I (with the kiddos) went out to meet the Pennington’s at the airstrip when they returned. Sarah was a genius and brought Dr. Pepper (well, a generic brand of it) and ice cubes to be served in wine glasses. Seriously, when you return from a village, there are a few things that rank high on your “I’m so glad I’m back” list. Usually this list includes taking a shower (without people staring at you and in an actual shower instead of a river), certain foods, and ICE. I know I am missing some….but ICE is a big deal. Ryan asked if he could keep the bag of it…..
Ryan and Crystal are expecting their second baby later on this year. We are excited to be a part of their lives (we’re in the same Bible Study group). Ryan has been a huge source of encouragement for Caleb (and vice versa), while Crystal and baby Chloe easily make my (Adrienne) life so much more fun. We really enjoy our friendship with this family….which is why we are so happy that our prayers were answered with a good village stay for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment