Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Point the Way To God

Greetings from PNG!

 

Here’s a little story for you:  Asan Aka is the grounds-keeper for the Administration Offices for our branch.  He’s been working in this role for about 2 years and is one of the smiley-est guys you’d ever meet.  Today during devotions, he said something that really resonated with me.  He said, “Like John the Baptist, we all should do our part to the best of our ability because we are pointing the way to God”.  (Paraphrased from Tok Pisin!)

 

I realized that it was this vision that brought Adrienne and I here in the first place.  Asan hasn’t lost sight of that even though he’s got his hands in dirt all day long, instead of doing Bible translation or church planting or directly affecting those that do!  What an example for us! 


This job has been the most difficult, frustrating, and confusing job I have ever done.  It is also the most rewarding.  We are here because I’m using my unique skills to make a difference for those who are directly “pointing the way to God”.  Adrienne first came as a support to that vision, but now is actively involved in her own special ways, in the Technical Services Department and with her 11th Grade girls Bible study. 

 

I believe that God can use you wherever you are; but wherever you are, “point the way to God”.

 

Caleb

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: