We got another package today! This time, it included one of THE most important things that I NEED every single day: an oven thermometer!
Our oven is off by 100 degrees F. We have tried to get it fixed, but it doesn’t seem to stay fixed very long. For about one month, we borrowed an oven thermometer from Benji and Esther (new friends of ours). Then, when they went to the States for a wedding, I avoided them the whole week before, hoping that I could keep the thermometer while they were in the states for three weeks. I know, not very “Christian-like”, right? But over 100 degrees off!! Come on…desperate times call for desperate measures! It worked and I kept it while they were gone.
Around the time that I knew they were coming back (and knew they would absolutely need their thermometer back), my friend Dawn e-mailed me to let me know that she wanted to mail her wedding invitation to me. She asked if there was anything else we needed….to which the thermometer instantly came to mind!!
After a few postal mishaps later (not to mention her fiancé Josh returned from a deployment during this time), the thermometer came with the pictures and invitations she sent!!
(On a side note, I am constantly impressed with the love of our friends. This is one example where a friend followed through for us in the middle of a VERY busy time in their life- fiancé coming home. And, at another time, our friends Brandon and Kelli managed to order Caleb’s glasses which snapped in half and get them shipped via DHL only DAYS before they welcomed their second child into this world. I am just blown away by the help we have received. Oh…not to mention our family who have been dropping everything to help us out when we need it.)
I digress….THANK YOU, Dawn (and Josh) for going back and forth to the post office and DHL office a million and one times for us. It may seem silly, but this package was a necessity! It included not only an item that I need every, single day….but it included pictures of my best friend and my soon-to-be-best-friend’s-husband that I have not met yet. As much as I am trying to be content being HERE, it sucks that I will not be able to go to the States for their wedding in October! But, these pictures went a long way to help me feel just a bit “included” in a friend’s life, even across a couple of oceans!
No comments:
Post a Comment